The number of lives lost worldwide in the coronavirus pandemic is nearing 300,000, according to Johns Hopkins University figures, with 297,197 confirmed deaths.
The true figure is likely to be significantly higher as a result of underreporting or differing definitions.
China is no longer among the ten worst-affected countries in terms of the official number of confirmed infections.
- US cases: 1,390,406 (deaths: 84,119)
- Russia cases: 242,271 (deaths: 2,212)
- United Kingdom cases: 230,986 (deaths: 33,264)
- Spain cases: 228,691 (deaths: 27,104)
- Italy cases: 222,104 (deaths: 31,106)
- Brazil cases: 190,137 (deaths: 13,240)
- France cases: 178,184 (deaths: 27,077)
- Germany cases: 174,098 (deaths: 7,861)
- Turkey cases: 143,114 (deaths: 3,952)
- Iran cases: 112,725 (deaths: 6,783)
Read more via Johns Hopkins University