19 year old dies after taking MDMA named ‘Red Bull’ during student party

Reading Time: 2 minutes

A 19-year-man has died and a woman is seriously ill in hospital after they are believed to have taken MDMA at a student drum and bass party in Warwickshire.

Sky News reports that Warwickshire Police has issued a warning about a red hexagonal pill named “red bull” which the pair are thought to have taken.

Several other people were also admitted to hospital after “suffering adverse effects” in the early hours of Saturday, the force said.

The group had attended a drum and bass student event at The Assembly in Leamington at around 5am but police say they may not have bought the drugs onsite.

Detective Superintendent Pete Hill said: “Our thoughts are with the family of the teenager, and specialist officers are currently supporting them.

“At this time we believe the tablet taken is a red hexagonal pill named ‘Red Bull’, which is believed to be MDMA, and we are concerned there may be others who have also taken this.

“Whilst the cause of death has not been confirmed and we are keeping an open mind as to whether the substance caused a bad reaction or an overdose, we would advise anyone who has also taken it to seek medical advice.

“We would also ask anyone who purchased any pills but have not yet taken them to please safely dispose of them.

“If others were at the same event last night and are aware their friends took this drug, please check in on them to ensure they are okay.

Via SkyNews

Once you're here...

%d bloggers like this: