Boy missing in Germany for 2 years found in suspected paedophile’s closet

A 15-year-old boy who was missing for two years was found in the home of a suspected paedophile on Friday, German police said.

Authorities in Recklinghausen, 100 kilometres north of Cologne, said police officers were conducting investigations at the home of the 44-year-old suspect when they came across the youngster inside a closet.

A police statement said that “there is currently no indication the boy was held in the apartment against his will.”

The teenager was subsequently taken into police protection.

His disappearance from a shelter in 2017 was reported by social workers but efforts to find the boy, until now, had been to no avail.

 

More via DW

Discover more from The Dispatch

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

Verified by MonsterInsights