Update: – France confirmed on Friday its first three cases of the Wuhan coronavirus, with two patients being hospitalised in Paris and the other in the southwestern city of Bordeaux.
In a separate statement on Friday, the health ministry announced the third case, a relative of one of the first two.
Earlier, the charity SOS Medecins said it had treated one of the cases, a patient of Chinese origin who was showing symptoms of a fever and who said he had been in contact with people from Wuhan in China, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak.
It’s likely there are other cases in Europe, she added, as she warned people having travelled to China to avoid going to emergency rooms in the case that they have symptoms.
“It’s in emergency rooms in reality that people risk being in contact with others,” Buzyn told reporters.
Euronews / France 24