ISIS takes responsibility for car bombs in Derna

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Reuters reports that ISIS claimed responsibility for two car bomb explosions that targeted a military unit belonging to the eastern forces of the Libyan National Army (LNA) in Derna earlier this week. The news agency said ISIS claimed responsibility in the group’s Al-Nabaa newspaper.

At least 18 people were wounded in the explosions in the eastern coastal city.

In the meantime, The Libya Observer reports that a drone belonging to warlord Khalifa Haftar’s forces struck Mitiga Airport, the only functioning airport in Tripoli, in the early hours of Thursday.

Haftar’s media office claimed they destroyed a Turkish drone attacking their forces, but an airport source said the airstrike hit an old MiG fighter in the military section of the airport.

Flights were not affected.

Hours later, the Libya Observer said that Haftar’s warplanes bombed a field hospital in Swani region, south Tripoli, leaving some doctors and nurses wounded.

A third airstrike has targeted Joudaim Equestrian Club, northeast of Zawiya, wounding a number of horses.

 

Via Reuters/ Libya Observer

%d bloggers like this: