Our website use cookies to improve and personalize your experience and to display advertisements(if any). Our website may also include cookies from third parties like Google Adsense, Google Analytics, Youtube. By using the website, you consent to the use of cookies. We have updated our Privacy Policy. Please click on the button to check our Privacy Policy.

Libya has not yet requested Turkey to send troops – Foreign Minister Cavusoglu

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Turkey will resolutely continue defending its legitimate rights and interests in the Eastern Mediterranean, said Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Saturday. Cavusoglu met UN-recognized Libya’s Government of National Accord head Fayez al-Sarraj in the capital Doha.

Libya has not made a request to Turkey for sending troops to back forces of the internationally-recognized government battling Khalifa Haftar’s Libya National Army (LNA), Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Saturday, Reuters reports.

“No, not yet” Cavusoglu said when asked at the Doha Forum if such a request had been made. After the meeting, Cavusoglu announced in a tweet that the memorandum of understanding between Turkey and Libya on maritime boundaries was discussed.

President Tayyip Erdogan said last week that Turkey could send troops to Libya if the Tripoli-based government of Fayez al-Serraj requested it, following a security and military deal between the two countries.

via Reuters / Anadolu Agency 

Related Posts

%d bloggers like this: